Middle-Earth: Shadow of War
The sequel to the critically-acclaimed Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Role: Associate Designer, Monolith
- As the primary tutorial designer I was responsible for implementing new tutorials, iterating on those tutorials based on user testing, and updating all legacy content.
- This project was focused on supporting as many playstyles as possible. To this end, I coordinated multiple departments to implement new systems to support varied playstyles and designed tutorials to ensure all players would see them at the appropriate times.
- I scripted and designed several missions, focusing on creating intriguing and unique experiences.
- Collaborated with other departments and teams: As the tutorial designer, I needed to stay current on the new systems constantly being added to the game. This meant I needed to be in close contact with various teams and system owners to work with them on how to best implement tutorials about their systems.
- User testing: Tutorials were created and iterated upon based on monthly usability sessions. Usability sessions ranged from single player sessions to a full studio playtest of 300+ players.
- The tutorials I created have been rated as the highest in like-ablility and usefulness compared to the studio's previous projects.