Skills & Interests
Gameplay Scripting Blueprint Tools Design Unreal Engine 4 Process Development C# Mentorship Location-based Games Transmedia Storytelling Narrative Design Accessible Gaming Systems Design Diversity & Inclusion
Hardsuit Labs Seattle, WA March 2017 - Present
Lead Technical Designer — Unreleased
- Manage a small team of technical designers focusing on empowering and educating content creators.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to assist in delivering systems, levels and narrative experiences.
- Collaborate with cinematics department to create and maintain a workflow process for scripting.
- Design and upkeep "encounter manager" system to enable custom and portable scripting of content.
- Championed a blueprint review process to spread knowledge and increase scripting quality.
Technical Designer — Unreleased
- Facilitated communication between level design and engineering departments.
- Created scripting tools to provide designers easy access to frequently used functions and properties.
Level Designer — Unreleased
- Designed and scripted levels supporting different approaches to overcoming obstacles.
- Scripted combat and non-combat encounters for both hub and spoke-type levels.
Monolith Productions Kirkland, WA December 2015 - September 2016
Associate Designer (Contract) — Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- Primary tutorial designer, responsible for implementing new tutorials and updating legacy content.
- Collaborated with other departments to create a mini-game, focusing on usability for designers.
Uber Entertainment Bellevue, WA April 2015 - October 2015
Puzzle Designer (Contract) — Wayward Sky
- Primary level and puzzle designer for a virtual reality "point and click" puzzle game.
- Collaborated with project lead to design new mechanics to shape the game’s tone and progression.
Carbine Studios Aliso Viejo, CA May 2013 - April 2014
Associate Content Designer (Contract) — WildStar
- Created the tutorial quest that game directors selected as a template for all four introductory zones.
- Designed quests, events, NPCs, challenges, and achievements conforming to the WildStar tone guide.
Glitch app for an alethiometer (device that uses symbols to convey meaning to the user)... but with emojis.
Spoke at GDC, PAX, and OrcaCon about getting started in games and learning lessons from pro-wrestling.
A Twine game featuring a pun-based investigation system about the strong arm of the law.
B.S. Computer Science: Computer Game Design University of California, Santa Cruz 2008 - 2012
(like what you see? take a copy with you 💌)