Skills & Interests
Gameplay Scripting Tools Design Blueprint Unreal Engine 4 Mentorship Inclusive Design Location-based Games
Hardsuit Labs Seattle, WA March 2017 - Present
Lead Technical Designer — Unannounced
- Manage a small team of technical designers focusing on empowering content creators.
- Coordinate with multiple departments to deliver narratively impactful and systemically satisfying levels.
- Championed a blueprint review process to spread knowledge and increase scripting quality.
Technical Designer — Unannounced
- Facilitated communication between level design and engineering departments.
- Created scripting tools to provide designers easy access to frequently used functions and properties.
Level Designer — Unannounced
- Created and iterated on levels and encounters from paper designs through to final shipping quality.
- Scripted a variety of encounters in both spoke levels and hubs.
Monolith Productions Kirkland, WA December 2015 - September 2016
Associate Designer (Contract) — Middle-earth: Shadow of War
- Primary tutorial designer, responsible for implementing new tutorials and updating legacy content.
- Coordinated multiple departments to implement new gameplay systems.
Uber Entertainment Bellevue, WA April 2015 - October 2015
Puzzle Designer (Contract) — Wayward Sky
- Primary level and puzzle designer for Wayward Sky, a virtual reality point and click puzzle game.
- Collaborated with lead designer to design new mechanics to shape the game’s tone and progression.
Carbine Studios Aliso Viejo, CA May 2013 - April 2014
Associate Content Designer (Contract) — WildStar
- Created the tutorial quest that game directors selected as a template for all introductory quests.
- Designed quests, areas, events, NPCs, challenges, and achievements for the WildStar universe.
Glitch app for an alethiometer (device that uses symbols to convey meaning to the user)... but with emojis.
A Twine game featuring a pun-based investigation system about the strong arm of the law.
B.S. Computer Science: Computer Game Design University of California, Santa Cruz 2008 - 2012